Tuesday, November 28, 2006

New car = Happiness?


My family is really excited but I think the excitement ends with my Mom sis and me, my Dad is petrified. He acts macho and cool but the strange behavior which he seems to exhibit when he is around the car makes me suspicious. Like for example he was bragging about the car and how beautiful it looks and how much fun it’s gonna be, so I casually asked him, ‘Why don’t we go for a drive now Dad?’ That’s when it happened, beads of sweat formed on his forehead and his hands became all sweaty and clammy. Well its not as if it was summer or anything and I didn’t have to rack my brain to find out that my dad the macho man is actually having the case of jitters. Hee hee now this was fun.

So then began my mild torture sessions, every time I got bored I would pop up the prospect of a drive to my already freaked out Dad and I would laugh looking at his expressions and body language (cheap of me huh?) .Well its not as if he does not know how to drive its just that he has never had the chance of driving on the smooth Indian roads. He was the king of the roads when we stayed abroad but sadly he was rudely dethroned back home.

After days of mulling around how exactly to launch our much awaited car onto the already god forsaken roads, my Dad finally decided to take the plunge. So on one auspicious day we woke up early, took bath (quite a rare occurrence for me) gave a nice wash to our car (that was my dad’s doing no car was new enough for him), then he dressed up in his new clothes and I gave him my personal gift, a pack of tissues (in case the sweating spells would blind his way) and my Dad was finally ready. As he got into the car and hit the accelerator I smiled, finally he had taken the step to brave the roads of India.

We also put an ‘L’ board for safety purposes I mean safety of the people behind him.




No comments: