Friday, January 12, 2007

Rejection

I got rejected for another interview today. ‘Rejected’ its surprising how easily that thought sunk into me to bring out all those weird facial changes. Suddenly my eyes dint feel as dry as before and my breath was coming out in gasps and being surrounded by thousands of people some giving those sympathetic looks some jeering at your failure you realize at that moment that your so alone… no one at that moment can feel the pain that your feeling.

Feeling of rejection is all too familiar a ground for me and it always takes me ages to pacify myself and get back into action. Once you reach the dark dungeons of rejection suddenly you seem to be the most worthless person to be alive. All the so called smartness, intelligence, tufness everything vanishes and sheer hopelessness sets in. I have battled through these thoughts all too many times and maybe not victorious always but I have learnt to BELIEVE.

I have learnt to believe that there is someone up there who is watching over you and testing your faith in him. Testing if you would get through the test of time but watching over you all the same. It’s like when your dad once taught you to ride your bike. He only held on as long as it was required, pampering you, encouraging you and being by your side but he let you go to be on your own, to brave your way through the world. It was difficult for me to get my footing firmly on the ground but I have done it now, I can now proudly proclaim. I don’t weep months on end thinking about my failures nor do I feel that I am any less better than anyone else. The wound heals much faster…the smile comes back to my face much faster….my heart becomes much lighter now.

For all those who feel that they are no good all I have to say is BELIEVE…

No comments: